Friday, January 13, 2012

MLK, January, Blustery Winds

Hello everyone! Hope my post finds you safe and warm. This may be a 4 day weekend for some out there since Monday will be MLK holiday. Most of the Midwest woke up to snow covered ground and the sound of winter's blustery winds. I am enjoying this cold January day because it was the first time I got to wear a real winter coat. I at least know the coat was a smart purchase because it kept me very warm and Old Man Winter at bay. There are many things to enjoy this weekend. College basketball, NFL playoff games, a good book you may be reading, and maybe sneak in an afternoon nap! I for one will be partaking in all of the above at one point in time. On Monday we can all use a moment to reflect on the dreams of one man and how he was willing to die for them, where we have all come and where we are going. 2012 is in full swing and life sometimes takes us off track with the hopes and dreams we had just a few short weeks ago. Take some time this 3 day period to remember, pay respect, and just enjoy your loved ones. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment