Monday, January 16, 2012

Joyful Noise

Over the weekend my mother and I went to see the new movie Joyful Noise. The movie has an interesting cast mix of Dolly Parton, Queen Latifah, and a few other familiar faces one might recognize. This movie has quite a bit of singing, I mean enough to be a musical almost. I personally love musicals, so it was not a problem for me. I'm not overly fond of gospel music, especially the type in this movie. I must say I am a bit of a religious conservative when it comes to music! There are some touching story lines and heartwarming moments. When you leave the cinema you do have a warm fuzzy uplifted feeling so I say this is worth the view. It was a joy to see Dolly performing again as I grew up watching her perform with Porter on TV. In this age of negativity and naysayers this little 2 hour escape is well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment