Friday, October 19, 2012

Fit Friday!!!!!

Fit Friday is here and I want to do a product review today. I love peanut butter but I sure don't love the calories involved. That's why I only add 1 tablespoon to my shakes or dip my apple in that same amount. Two tablespoons of peanut butter runs you 180 calories with 17 grams of fat ( I am quoting this from the label of Kettle Brand All Natural Almond Butter). See photo below


This is what I bought in the past and would make sure to limit the serving amount per use to save on calories. But now a new dawn is about to age!! The PB2 era has arrived in my eating regimen. Yay!! Viva PB2!! Below I will post photos of the flavors that arrived on our doorstep today. See below:    


 I bought this version of peanut butter via a site called Vitacost.com
You can also find this product at bellplantation.com

This product can be added to your favorite protein shake or you can use 2 tablespoons mixed with 1 tablespoon water to make a nice creamy spread. I will use this product both ways. And the best part? 45 calories for 2 tablespoons and only 1.5 grams of fat (a mere 1 gram of fat for the chocolate flavored). I just want to share that in each version (original on the left and chocolate on right) you will be able to pronounce all the ingredients and KNOW what they are. I was using all natural nut butters for this very reason. Just to give you a challenge from this Fit Friday series, go to the pantry later and ATTEMPT to read the ingredients of the peanut butter you are currently ingesting! You will be surprised. Do yourself a favor and go with a natural or powdered version. My Mom eats what I call "imitation peanut butter" haha!! I call it that because the companies throw in a few items that don't need to be there. Peanut butter should be a simple ingredient list that is easily read. Give this or a natural version a try in the future. Until next week, keep moving, hydrated and above all be Fit on Fridays!!!!!!!!!!!!!                 


No comments:

Post a Comment