Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Going Meatless




Have you ever gone meatless for a specific period of time or for just one meal? I try to have at least one day per week that I am meatless and when I do more than one day I'm all the more thrilled. When I go meatless I personally feel better and I know I am doing my body and digestive system a huge favor. Many years ago my family discovered that we are prone to colon cancer. I was in my early 30's and had polyps removed from my colon. When I went for a second colonoscopy and had polyps removed again the doctor wanted to know what on earth I was eating! My doctor informed me that with genetics like mine I would fare better with a diet low on red meat. He didn't say no red meat, but to take it easy. In the beginning it was a challenge but now I feel empowered knowing that I can control my body and health. It feels good to know that choices I'm making today lead to better tomorrow's.

No comments:

Post a Comment