Monday, February 6, 2012

New York!!!

For those of you following my tweets and Facebook postings you already know that I went into the city yesterday. It was a beautiful day to go with lots of sun and no snow on the ground. We got up and went to the train station to be on our way. The only mistake I feel we made was we didn't dress warm enough. Jeff nor I wore gloves or a hat therefore our heads and hands were just a tad cold. We arrived at Penn Station without a clue as to what we wanted to really see or do. We just took off walking, and it didn't take long to see we were headed right for Times Square. We hopped on a sightseeing bus and I feel it was worth the money because we were able to see China Town, Little Italy, Greenwich Village, Canal Street, Wall Street, and much more while we were seated and a guide telling us a little about the sights we were seeing. The nice thing with the bus is you can take in several things while getting  off and on as you need.   My three favorite things of the day were: The Empire State Building, The Bull on Wall Street, and of course Macys! Anyone that knows me knows my love for Macys. The New York location resides on a city block and has 9 floors, several restaurants (including McDonalds), along with a few Starbucks. It was heaven on earth for me. We have decided to go into the city a few more times because we didn't do and see all we wanted in one day. But have no fear, when I do, I'll share all my gossip with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment