Friday, December 21, 2012

Hey Fit Folks! Doesn't that popcorn look delish? And especially on a cold and windy wintry night. Do you notice that the popcorn is bursting from a brown paper bag? I found this nifty idea from a friend of mine on Pinterest. I will tell you, yes, this works and no, we wont buy the microwave stuff ever again. At home we use an air popper but when we travel it's not ideal to pick up every small appliance in the kitchen and take it on the road. We both love popcorn, but let's face it: Sometimes the pre-popped bag stuff has too much sodium, not enough flavor, and can taste stale. So here are some insider tips!:) The brown paper bags you will find at the grocer in the aisle with the foil, Glad freezer bags, and Saran wraps. I did use 1/2 cup or less each time I've done this. Now this tip is IMPORTANT: DO NOT SET YOUR MICROWAVE ON THE POPCORN SETTING. I did this once to see what happens and what happens is you don't get as much corn popped. So I will give you the instructions. Oh yes, and you can find me on Pinterest (Monica Dillow), give me a follow and a shout out.
1) Put 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn in your brown paper bag.
2) Fold the bag down 2 times. DO NOT STAPLE AS THIS WILL CAUSE SPARKS TO OCCUR!
3) Set microwave on high and cook for 3 minutes. Microwaves do vary so if you have time left and your popping is slowing down just hit stop.
4) Season & Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment