Thursday, September 6, 2012

Trends: Knowing where fashion fits in your lifestyle












Tonight all the excitement of fashion will be in the air and retailers around the nation offer special deals to shoppers that cannot be in NYC. I can remember buying clothes year after year and season after season. I look back at the money wasted and all the donations not to mention precious time wasted. What makes one want to follow a trend? I think for me it was a feeling of insecurity. I no longer follow trends. Now don't get me wrong, I love fashion and enjoy shopping, but if I am going to spend my money it will be an investment. I also like to warn of the aging effect that comes along with certain trends. Not only should we watch our clothing but watch out for those accessories too ladies! Trends are fun and can put a punch in your wardrobe but never forget you can be adding 10 years or more to your look. Have fun, enjoy the new collections, and keep it simple. You are not defined by one item in your closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment